Igniting Innovation: Tips, Sparks and Ideas for Acting on Innovation

How to Organize Your Company for Innovation Success

Posted by Maggie Slovonic Pfeifer on Jul 28, 2015 3:02:00 PM



Here is a simple three step process - when it comes to organizing innovation project success:



Step 1: The Leader Leads. 

You cannot and should not "assign" responsibility for the future of your organization to someone else. Identifying the Very Important Problems (VIP) and Opportunities (VIO) for the organization - the basic direction - is not something that is done by committee or by a Vice President or Manager. As Dr. Deming said - Constancy of Purpose comes from the CEO as leadership is a job of prediction.

 

Step 2: Everyone is part of the Process.

ThinkstockPhotos-483129750Accelerating the organization to more profitable products and services is everyone's priority. Training and engagement starts with pioneers who increase speed and decrease risk with innovation. With success others join the movement. In time 75% of the organization will become part of the movement. And the remaining 25% who are not willing will become candidates for early retirement :).

Step 3: Innovation Educated Worker's Accelerate Success. 

Within large companies an educated group leads the people, project and process acceleration. Within small companies the group might be a group of two who work at it part time.

 

 Learn More about Innovation Project Team Roles




 

Topics: innovation, Leading Innovation, culture change



Maggie Slovonic Pfeifer

Written by Maggie Slovonic Pfeifer

Maggie P. is the Director of Education, fearlessly leading and teaching 1,000s of students around the world the best practices for innovation and applying systems thinking to their lives and organizations.

Welcome to the first blog from the Eureka! Ranch and Innovation Engineering Institute team.  Here you will find a diverse group of innovators dedicated to changing the world by transforming innovation from a random gamble to a reliable system that delivers increased innovation speed and decreased risk.

 



So, many exciting things are going on at Eureka! Ranch and with Innovation Engineering don't miss out on anything:

Go to Website

 

 

Subscribe to No Guru Needed

Recent Posts